Because the Foundation is a non-profit organization and operates under IRS section 501(c)(3), many tax advantages exist for the individual as well as businesses. Discuss these with your accountant or planned giving consultant and involve our board of trustees with your wishes. We will help direct you to sources of information so that you can make intelligent choices regarding planned giving.
Some of the ways in which our donors can elect to support the Foundation’s mission include, but are not limited to the following:
- Volunteer Time and Talents. Get in touch with us today!
- Donate by check or cash and indicate which fund you wish to support
- Transfer stock to the D-9 Foundation rather than sell and avoid a capital gain tax imposed
- Develop a Charitable Lead Annuity Trust or Charitable Lead Unitrust so the Foundation may receive immediate income interest. Normally established through qualified tax counsel, trust company or bank trust department.
- Donate outright gifts of property or other valuable items. You may avoid a capital gain tax, though a tax advisor should be consulted to make the determination with you.
- Donate to the D-9 Foundation in your will or trust. The establishment of a Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust, or Charitable Remainder Unitrust are often a part of this process. This would reduce your taxable estate possibly saving a lot taxes. This is especially true when dealing with an IRA or pension plan. The advice and counsel of a well qualified and sophisticated consultant in this area is a necessity.